Monday, May 23, 2016

#11 9th Street Rapell



Every adventure requires a first step Picture Quote #1




First rappel of the year! 9th Street in Ogden.  My husband went to a rappel class last Spring and we enjoyed some amazing mountain descents last year. Being the first in several months, I did have to take a deep breath and do a little self talk that everything would be fine before I could take that first step off the mountain.  After that first time down I was hooked again! There is nothing like it. It is so fun and something  I long to share with friends and family. 

My youngest had a wave of fear come over her. We tried to ease her into it. When we could see the fear was bigger than we thought, we set up a double rope so that my husband could go parallel with her. We thought it would work but this particular rock is a pretty abrupt descent. She was hooked up but something was holding her back. She walked away from the edge and had to go sit away from everyone for several minutes to process it. That is OK!! We have since been looking into some rocks that are more gradual and we will work on helping her breakthrough this little set back. She is a pretty adventurous young lady and I bet we can have her begging to go rappelling again!



My husband and I and our two sons that were with us enjoyed several rappels down the rock!




No comments:

Post a Comment