Thursday, May 19, 2016

#10 Hike on the Deuel Creek Trail

"Life delights in life". William Blake

A hike with young blood! So fun! So good for me!! Me and four 15 year old boys. It was the first day of Spring Break for them. I felt super lucky they let me take them hiking. It was a beautiful day and perfect for a good hike. Although it is only about 1.4 miles up, we were able to trail run back down and that was a whole new experience for me. 





Deuel Creek Trail is so fun. It is beautiful to walk along with the stream rolling over the rocks! Who needs a playlist when you have nature's music. It was stunning. The hike is considered easy. Young children could hike this but you do want to be cautious at the beginning where there is a steep section next to a thin part of the path. Also, poison ivy can be an issue at times. We were in luck and didn't have any unfortunate anything to contend with. 





There is a bonus on this hike. There is a swing when you are almost at the end. You could end the hike there if you wish but there are some beautiful rocks and a nice place to sit and have a  snack or have a little fire in the fire pit up ahead.

I enjoyed my hike with these young guys. I'm glad they let me come along (OK, I was the only one that knew how to find this trail but still...they agreed to share this adventure with me and that was fabulous!)


No comments:

Post a Comment